Angel Stratocaster® pickups are overwound to produce a warmer, fatter tone. Each pickup uses two types of Alnico magnets. Alnico 5 pole pieces are used for the wound strings, whereas the plain strings use Alnico 2. This provides the perfect blend of tight lows and smooth bell tones in one pickup. Made with traditional fiberboard bobbins and scatter-wound by hand with 42 AWG Polyurethane magnet wire. The pole pieces are arranged in a vintage style stagger with a few minor adjustments to achieve balanced string output for modern strings. Great for all musical genres.
- Alnico 5 and alnico 2 magnet pole pieces arranged in “balanced stagger”
- Traditional fibreboard bobbins
- Scatter-wound with 42 AWG Polyurethane magnet wire
- RW/RP middle pickup for hum canceling in positions 2 and 4
- Wax potted to suppress micro-phonics
- Traditional 22 AWG cloth push-back wire
- White covers, mounting screws, rubber tube springs and wiring diagram included